Henry's 2nd Birthday Party

Henry's actual birthday isn't until tomorrow, but because of the holiday weekend we decided to celebrate with friends and family this past weekend. We had a blast and I think I had just as much fun planning and decorating. I went back and forth on a few themes, but in the end "construction" won out, and rightfully so since Henry is obsessed with all thing trucks.

I scoured Pinterest and got so many great ideas (I don't know if I'll ever not love that site!), and mixed with some of my own it was such a success. We had about 60 people over at the height of birthday insanity, and it was really crazy, but still fun. I think next year we'll do it at the park by our house- and someone please remind me I said that!

Some of my favorite parts: Emily being in town for the entire weekend and her and Traci helping out- Traci made great "construction" mustaches for our photobooth and they both helped keep Henry entertained while Hank and I set up, close friends and family arriving early for some quality time, Erin's gift- an amazing vintage suitcase she handpainted and filled with costumes (I'll be posting her tutorial here this weekend!), seeing Henry so excited to be surrounded by so many loved ones, that completely over the top and ridiculous car from his Grandparents, and that amazing chocolate cake.

Sources for party items:

Cake: Costco and I decorated it myself
Small trucks for decorating: they come in a pack of five at Target. I also put these in the kids' goodie bags
Large trucks for decorating: All were gifts and I think they were mainly from Toys R Us and Target
Small yellow cones: Dollar Store
Road on cake table: I made it out of black and yellow construction paper
Cinder blocks, cones, and orange "snow fencing": Home Depot
Caution tape and road signs: Birthday Express
Construction hats: Oriental Trading Company
Glitter "Happy Birthday" banner: Unicorn Parade
Henry's construction shirt: Target

And here are some of the million photos! xoxo

Henry's 2nd Birthday PartyUntitled-1Henry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyUntitled-3Henry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyUntitled-2Henry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday PartyHenry's 2nd Birthday Party