Happy birthday Henry!

henryistwo

And suddenly, you are two. And I turn two today, too, in a way. Because like that commercial says, the one that always makes me cry, "when a child is born, so is a mother." When you arrived I was new also. When the nurse put you in my arms that was my very first moment of this journey, right along with you. And in so many ways that comforted me. When I didn't really know what to do, when I felt like I was a little lost and not sure how it all worked, I remembered that we were both learning, we were both on that same exact path, from the very beginning.

There are so many amazing moments from the past two years that I couldn't even begin to summarize them into a paragraph, a page, a novel. But what I will say is this: when I first saw you, when your Daddy held you up next to me so I could see the little baby they had just pulled out of my body, I felt my entire world shift to make you the center. Everything in my life clicked into place right then and there, and I can't even begin to express what a beautiful thing that is.

Now when we walk you hold my hand- my little man, my little heart who is so loving and so kind. You're funny, sweet, sensitive and wild. You laugh hard and smile often. It's hard to believe it's been an entire two years since you made your way into this world because you've already touched so many lives and brought smiles to so many faces. You're truly our light and I thank the universe every single day that you chose me to be your mama.

Happiest birthday Henry, I am so lucky to call you my son.

xoxo

video from last year:


Happy 1st Birthday, Henry! from DH on Vimeo.