Little Moments I Never Want to Forget V.2

Untitled

Everyday there are these moments that I never want to forget. Little snippets in time where my hurts aches so badly in the best way for how full it is, for how good it all is in the here and now. It's hard though to remember it all with time moving so fast, so I almost always try and jot down those memories on little pieces of paper, or in the memo section of my phone before I forget the details. And today I thought I would compile some of my favorite recent moments here too (again), so you could enjoy a little bit of Henry's (very talkative) sunshine!

----------

Henry giving the vacuum cleaner a hug and saying, "Keep on cleaning, vacuum!"

Our current favorite book is called "Goodnight, Construction Site" and we read it almost every evening before Henry goes to sleep. The book talks about 5 or 6 different types of trucks and then says goodnight to each one as they stop working and go to sleep. At the end of the book Henry yells out, "No! Nope! Trucks WAKE UP! WAAAAKE UP! We are not sleeping!" Hank and I just about died from laughter.

The other afternoon I made macaroni and cheese for lunch and he took one look at it and said, "No mama, mac 'n cheese is GROSS!"

Last week we were laying on the couch reading books and Henry looked up at me and said "Mommy I want to hold you," and put his arm around me and squeezed tight. Heart melt.

He is becoming so, so opinionated about everything and has started having a real preference for shoes. The other day I brought out his red Vans for him to put on and he looked me square in the eye and said very firmly, "No mama, I wear the gray shoes today," and refused to put on anything but the gray ones. So crazy that he's starting to develop these likes and dislikes as far as his clothing!

I will often say to Henry, "I have something I want to tell you," then whisper "I love you" in his ear. He loves it and always smiles and giggles. Can you guess what he said to me just the other day? Yup. He told me he had to tell me something, pulled me close, and whispered "I love you Mommy."

Lately Henry will bust out singing songs about trucks. All kinds of trucks! I'll post a video soon but he'll just start singing things like "pick up truck! pick up truck!" or "digger digging dirt! digging, digging!" Cutest thing ever.

While talking about Halloween and dressing up I grabbed a white tablecloth and asked Henry what kind of costume you could make with it, thinking he'd say ghost since one of the books we love is all about ghosts. Instead he replied "a table!" Amazing.

xoxo