Currently.

Enjoying a beautiful day at the in-laws. @hank3 @roohampton 
We enjoyed the most beautiful day yesterday! August in Northern Arizona is the best.

Loving: that Fall is almost here. It feels like a huge blog cliche´ to even post about Autumn because inevitably there will be a million posts everywhere in the next few weeks about fall fashion, those "beautiful Autumn leaves," pumpkin spice lattes, etc...so I thought maybe I'd just not mention it but I just can't not. In fact I already did last week! It's my favorite. So add me to the list of other fall-obsessed bloggers, surprise, surprise. I just love everything about the season. I think my initial adoration of it started while growing up on the East Coast, surrounded by so much Fall beauty. I love Arizona, but nothing beats New England in September and October; its the most beautiful! Later when we moved to Phoenix my love for the changing seasons kind of died- it's not so exciting when all of the months kind of blend together, but later when I moved up north to Flagstaff and later Prescott I fell back in love.

Reading: I'm reading a couple books right now- I just started two this past weekend. A Theory of Small Earthquakes and Good in a Crisis: A Memoir. Both are great so far, although I think I prefer the first one a bit more. Do any of you start multiple books at once? I am always in the middle of at least two or three and rotate them out nightly. I always wonder if other people do this too. I enjoy it because one, it allows me to drag out great books a little longer, and two, I never get bored. I'll let you know my thoughts on these two when I finish them up!

Watching: Pretty Little Liars, still. I posted about it in my last Currently post and I'm still loving it. I watch an episode at night after Henry goes to sleep and it takes everything in me to make myself turn it off after one. My old pre-kid self would have stayed up until 4am watching episode after episode (binging on boxsets of shows was always a favorite past time - LOST anyone?!) but now that I have to wake up so early with Henry it's just not happening. I'm currently on Season 2, episode 10 and totally immersed in the storyline. ABC Family is so ridiculous but I'm so hooked. Although I will say I tried to watch Bunheads this weekend and it was WAY too cheesy. So maybe my love for bad TV isn't quite so bad?

Thinking about: how I feel like my brain is not as sharp as it used to be when I was working. I hesitate to even write this because I don't want any other stay-at-home Moms to think I'm calling you dumb or something, just because you don't work (this is just ME), but I've been noticing little things about myself here and there. It's weird- I've always loved school, either attending it or teaching it, and it's just really strange doing neither. I don't think it really hit me the first year of not working, but now that I'm in the second year sometimes I think about how crazy it is to not be in a classroom, constantly learning new things, adapting to new people and situations, etc. And it's not that I want to go back to teaching right now, but like I said above, lately I've been noticing random things that I just seem to have forgotten- weird grammar rules, making mistakes in my writing I normally wouldn't, noticing my brain taking a bit longer to figure something out. I hate it. I read every single day and I try to write everyday too, but I feel like I need to be doing something more to keep myself sharp. I'm not quite sure what that is yet, or what the point of me even sharing this whole big thing is, but maybe one of you can relate to a least part of it! Off to do some Sudoku...

Surprised by: a little touch of baby fever. What?! I feel like I just posted about how Hank and I were going to wait and see what happens next year but then all of a sudden we found ourselves hanging out with some babies and saying "hmmm..." So we'll see. I would love to get pregnant again, but we both are also so into the idea of adopting. I think it would be wonderful, especially because Hank is adopted, and the idea of bringing a new baby or even older child into our family is really exciting. That's a lot of pie in the sky talk because in reality we've just talked about adoption a few times, but maybe one day, I hope.

Making me sad: I've talked about this before but I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how anyone could deny any rights to someone because of their sexual preference. This isn't even a topic for discussion because if you don't agree with me than we are fundamentally different and will never, ever see eye to eye. It disgusts me and I am 110% that one day we will look back in horror that we ever treated homosexuals as "less than," in the same way we look back on other huge missteps in our country's history. I saw a quote the other day that said something about how crazy it was that certain groups fight for fetuses' rights (pro-life) but then what happens if the fetus is gay? They don't get the same rights? That's a horrible paraphrase, but it kind of struck me because it's so true. I usually try and avoid getting too political in this space because I don't even want to go there (and because that's ALL I see all over FB as the election gets closer), but this isn't even political- it's common sense.

Making me happy: not so serious things- coconut macaroons, trying out new recipes almost every day, Crossfit (did you think I could go a whole post without mentioning it? haha...), all of the pretty pins on Lauren's boards, making progress on our jungle of a backyard, starting to think about Henry's 2nd birthday party, and sweet little Madeline who is currently snuggling up next to me.

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.

Click here to see previous Currently posts.