5 Things I'm Loving

 Here are five things I'm loving, right now:

1. The Gaslight Anthem's new album Handwritten

Now, I really, really love this band already, but I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't too into their most recent album, American Slang. I loved everything prior to that though, and although I do really enjoy some of the songs on A.S., it wasn't the best. Handwritten, however, is really amazing. On the first listen I was tearing up and getting the chills (I'm a nerd, I know). And the lyrics are just fantastic. If you want to listen to it before it releases next week, stream it here via NPR (and thanks to those of you who sent me this link!).

Gel!

2. Gel nails

I love to paint my nails but I hate that they chip within a couple hours due to all the wear and tear they get either at the gym, washing my hands a million times a day, or just playing with Henry. On my birthday my girlfriends and I all got manicures and pedicures, and I tried gel nails for the first time. I was hooked! I try not to get them every time because I know it's a good to take a break, but it's so hard when I can go over two weeks with no chips! I love it. Have you tried gel nails? What do you think?



3. Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stains

I love these. I've seen them all over beauty blogs, girls going crazy talking about how wonderful they were, and I wasn't sure they'd actually live up to the hype. Well guess what? They absolutely do! I think the best part about these is that they have such a rich color AND are totally moisturizing. I hear they sell out pretty quickly when they're in stock, so head over to your local drugstore and pick one up. I've tried a couple but my favorite by far is Lovesick which is the bright pink one on the right. Let me know if you try it. And I should also add that this little endorsement was in no way sponsored (along with anything else in this post!). I just really like the stuff.




4. The Bachelorette


The finale is tonight and I don't care what you Bachelorette-haters say, I love this show! I am fully aware that much of it is fake and staged but I still love it...and I think every season I say "no, this season is so real and different from the others!" But really, this season does seem different. I just really like both Jef and Emily, and I hope she chooses him and they work out. And speaking of Jef, if you're a fan of the show you have to watch this video up there if you haven't already. Thanks to my girl Liz for sending it to me.

From our family walk tonight. It's always one of my favorite parts of our day!

5. My new Nikes

I have been on the hunt to find new running/workout shoes forever and I finally found exactly what I was looking for in the Nike Frees. I got the platinum and yellow version of the Free 4.0 V.2s and I love them. They super comfortable and very, very light and pliable. Plus, they're pretty much the cutest things I've ever seen. If you're in the market for new shoes, I definitely recommend them.

So there are my five, how about you?

Revlon photo via