Is this Livejournal?

us
a wonderfully grainy photo of us many Christmases ago, in the pre-Henry days. 

I have absolutely nothing to blog about today. And usually my motto is it's better to say nothing than fill up this space with a bunch of fluff, but I also happen to be a little bit bored and not in the mood to read (and not in the mood to sit and watch basketball with Hank), so here I am, blog friends. How are you today? I thought I'd pretend this was good old Livejournal for a second and write whatever comes into my mind. So here we go.

Today was a nice, normal day for us with just a touch of annoyance which I'll get to in a second. All weekend Henry had been waking up around 5:30am which is early, even for him! But thank god, he's back to his 7/7:30am wakeups. We woke up, I made him breakfast (berries and a waffle with almond butter), made myself breakfast (berries and 2 pieces of Ezekial bread with butter) and we relaxed for a bit and watched Dumbo (H's current obsession). We played for most of the morning until we started getting ready to head out to get my hair done.

Sweet Veronica switched around her schedule so she could watch Henry during my appointment, so I dropped him off and headed over the salon, only to walk and have the front desk tell me my girl had called in sick. They had been open since 9am and no one had bothered to call me at all, so after arranging a sitter and getting all the way out there I leave with my same old ratty hair. SOB FOR DAYS. I was so, so irritated. I understand things happen and the world doesn't revolve around me or my hair color, but I would have at least appreciated a call to let me know what was going on. Ugh. So that was my annoyance for the day.

To make up for it though, I did get to spend the time I would have been getting my hair done visiting at V's new house and seeing Courtney and her family. So there are some pluses! Henry and I spent the rest of the afternoon getting errands done, and by the time Hank got home from work my hair was no big deal, although after looking in the mirror I am thinking I need to find a new hair girl tomorrow. Darn roots.

A few thoughts:

I am fully in the ma'am zone. No more miss, or really anything except "ma'am" at any store, unless it's like a 75-year old man calling me young lady.

Why do I feel so awkward buying tampons? I'm 30! Honestly though, I hate it and feel super embarrassed to plop those things on the checkout. I'm probably closer to freaking menopause than I am to the beginning of it all, so I'm not sure if this silliness will ever go away. Am I alone in this?

Henry had the WORST tantrum at Trader Joe's the other morning. In my two years of parenting he's never really had a public melt down like this and it was insanely stressful. The lady checking us out made it 10x worse as she kept saying "breathe mama, just breathe" as if I was on the verge of freaking out. Which I was, but I wouldn't ever, if that makes sense. I was SO happy to finally get us out to the car, me pushing the cart full of groceries and Henry squirming out of my arms and screaming.

I need to quit eating the same thing everyday until I hate whatever item I've overdone it with. I think I may have ruined myself forever with bananas, if that's even possible. See also: Dr. Praeger's California veggie burgers and dried apricots. I need some variety.

This concludes a whole bunch of randomness. Thanks for indulging me guys!

xoxo