Happy Things

 my Dad and me on my wedding day- May 31, 2008

waking up yesterday morning at 9am (yes! 9am!) and realizing Hank got up with Henry hours ago, and they were both playing quietly in the living room.

Crossfit this morning and the insanely hard workout we did- the "12 days of Crossfit Christmas."

little reminders to stop and be thankful for all of this, every single last bit, from the shoes on my feet to the roof over our head, to the cheese on my sandwich to the wreath on our door.

that Henry thinks my singing is amazing (when it so clearly isn't!).

dreaming of futures with this little family of mine, getting excited for all that is to come.

rediscovering old music that takes you back to where you first hear it, right down memory lane to forgotten places and long-lost friends.

the many Christmas cards hanging in our kitchen, little reminders of all the love in our life.

this space, and being able to come here and have this outlet to share what's on my mind. This is one of my happy places, for sure.

cheesecake.

friends being in town and waking up every morning to a full house. Henry is in heaven.

and most importantly that Dad's heart surgery this morning went SO well. He's had a couple heart attacks (and actually "died" twice and was in a coma for awhile in 2009 after a horrible heart attack and episode), but they've finally figured out the problem and this morning he had an outpatient procedure/surgery called "RF cardio ablation" to correct his abnormal heart rhythm. They opened up the surgery center just for him and were about to locate the errant circuit and fix it, and now his heart is as good as new! If you've been following my blog for awhile you know what we've been through with my Dad's health, so this is absolutely amazing and SUCH a wonderful Christmas present to hear that his heart is perfect now.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of Christmases tomorrow, and a beautiful Christmas Eve tonight

xoxo