Literate & Stylish: Nova of Glitter and Doom

LS
The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it. 



from Nova of Glitter and Doom

Generation X by Douglas Copeland

It was so hard to choose my all-time favorite book you guys, I read so so so much. But you know which one has stuck with me ever since I picked it up off a library shelf years ago? Generation X by Douglas Copeland. It is so fantastic. People complain that it's a bit dated... and rightly so. I read a couple book reviews before writing this and the word 'zeitgeist' gets thrown around a lot...the 'zeit' they're talking about is the late '80s or early '90s. Basically the book features a bunch of disillusioned young genx-ers trying to find their place in the world. It's a tough one to explain but it really captures the feel of being a 20-something...the characters really remind me of hipsters today.

I don't actually own a physical copy of the book but can get it on my e-reader from my library's online section whenever I want to revisit it, so these photos are of me trying to simulate the way I look while reading in my favorite place: early morning at work. Nobody shows up until 11am so I have all the time in the world to fall deep into a book and really enjoy myself.



see previous Literate & Stylish posts here.