Currently.

Untitled
Henry watering plants at his Aunt's flower shop.

Loving: being a family of three. Earlier this summer we thought maybe it was time to expand our little family but we didn't, and now we are thinking about waiting until Henry is two.  We are just loving how everything is right now that it's hard to imagine changing it up...but then I think about another little one and my heart wants to explode from happiness. So I know it'll hopefully happen, but the real question is when! On a side note I can't believe I used to say I wanted 5 or 6 kids! Whoa...

Reading: Okay so I decided to see what all the hype was about and finally read 50 Shades of Grey. I didn't know too much about the story outside of the fact there was a lot of sex, but I figured if I could handle the insanity of Sociology of Sexuality in college I could deal with a few pages of kinkiness. First of all, the writing definitely leaves something to be desired, but I did find the storyline to be engaging. I want to know what happens to Ana, to Christian, to everyone! And so I powered through the first book, blushing on the plane as I read some "interesting" parts, hoping my seat mate didn't look over my shoulder and see some of the words I was reading! Yikes. I'm halfway through the first book and I'm kind of embarrassed to say I'm pretty wrapped up in the storyline. I could take or leave all of the sex parts, but like Twilight, as much as I wish the writing was better I still care about the characters. I'll let you know when I finish the final book.

Watching: not much. I've been reading a few books including 50 Shades so I haven't watched a lot of TV at all. I'll tell you what I did watch though, and that is the Bachelorette finale. Oh my goodness, talk about sweet! I love Jef and Emily and I know this makes me sound slightly insane but I have a feeling they might actually work out. He just seems so down to earth and normal and I am hoping everything falls into place for them.

Thinking about: privacy and Henry. I think a lot about this blog and about what it will mean for Henry when he is older. I'll do a little 20-month update for Henry tomorrow, but for the most part I try to keep it more about what we do as a family, and keep any sort of Henry over-share out of here. I just keep thinking about all of these kids being adults and having potty photos pop up when they're googled. So as far as my own kids, I won't ever cross that line. And of course no judgement for those who wish to post photos like that, it's just not for me. I'll keep on blogging about our family and what we're up to, talk about milestones or different changes as Henry gets older, but if there's ever a time when he's not into photos or being a part of this space that's a-okay with me. That's also assuming I'm still blogging then. And looking waaaay too far into the future! ha. Have you thought about this though? I'm always so curious to hear other bloggers' thoughts on it.

Anticipating: Hawaii! We're going to be heading over in about a month and I'm so excited. This will be Henry's first time having his own seat on the plane and I am excited to pack him a tiny backpack full of treats and things to keep him occupied. I have such fond memories of traveling a lot with my family when I was little and my parents always made it a really special time. Lauren and I had our own little matching CareBears suitcases packed to the brim with new books and small treasures, and I can still remember how excited we'd get whenever we'd get to fly somewhere. I hope to bring that same magic to Henry.

Listening to: the new Gaslight Anthem, as I've talked about a million times! It's just so good. I can't pick a favorite song either. I go back and forth between Keepsake and Blue Dalia. Have you heard it? Do you have a favorite song? My friend Erin and I will be seeing them again in September and I can't wait.

Working on: lots of working out! I am just loving CrossFit, loving the feeling I get when I leave with my WOD complete, and I love how much stronger I already feel. I enjoy that CF focuses on strength and personal bests rather than dieting and trying to get super skinny. Lifting weights has always been my favorite part of fitness and I'm enjoying learning so many new moves. Yesterday we did a ton of dead lifts and I'm feeling it today, not to mention the insane bruises on my shins from the bar.

Wishing:
that NY was a whole lot closer. I'm still on an "Emily high" from my trip last week and I miss her terribly. Although I've spent countless time in the city, this visit I really fell in love with it. I consider myself a small town kind of girl, but after this trip I could kind of, sort of imagine Hank, Henry and I living in a place like NYC, at least for awhile. I love Brooklyn and had a few super special nights out with friends I won't be forgetting anytime soon. Distance, why do you have to be so difficult?

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.