Familyroom Decisions

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
So glad it's over! (Don't get me wrong BUT it just snuck up on me this year).
I put our Christmas tree in our Foyer AND... I have plans for that room that need to go into effect ASAP!
Now on to today's ideas...
Do you ever feel like your design style is constantly evolving?
I mean like changing monthly? Or weekly?
I don't know if its all the Internet sites (ie. pinterest and blogland)  that have me confused or if it really is my age (that's what my mother says).
We moved into our house exactly 3 years ago AND
my familyroom is on it's 3rd color.
I went from builder white shown here...




To yellow (which drove me bananas, literally)
Shown here (Christmas 2010)...








To a nice neutral tan.
Shown here...










And still... I'm thinking about changing it.
I'm happy with the color, its just everything else...
I've always loved the traditional french style (if thats even a style)...
And I think all the black has maybe made it to modern?
I've completed transformed pieces with paint. Like my mirror that is now black and hanging over the fireplace, the flower that was once a deep red and is now a lovely white, and the silhouette frames that also took on the new color (BLACK).
I took our entertainment center apart and made it into  2 pieces. One is sitting under the T.V. and the other is holding a few of my white ceramic pieces.
(scroll back up to see what I'm talking about).
I have a few bare walls that are screaming for a creative idea.
(I've got tons in my head but haven't had a chance to actually tackle)

Can anyone else tell me they've gone through the same evolution? Or am I going crazy?
I'm now thinking of
A white slipcover to go over my 9 year old down filled sectional like Nesting Place
Stenciled curtains like these found at Gardners 2 Bergers
And I'd do away with the red and maybe do a subtle hints of green like The Butlers

So I've decided to take on this crazy OCD like my fellow bloggers and do something about it.
Wish me luck!