Silhouette Laundry Room Sign

Let the countdown to Christmas began!
This year will be over before we know it and  I haven't even started my Christmas decorating. Usually I finish before my hubby hangs the outdoor lights, but this year he beat me! I don't know if its the crazy 80 degree weather thats got me in a funk OR if it's the headache I've been waking up to everyday.
I have been working in my laundry room this week...
Monday is my "laundry day" and while unloading the dryer I thought about my forever long "to do" list and how this month marks our 3rd anniversary of moving into our home and how sad it was that my laundryroom looked the same as it did when we first moved in.
And before I knew it I was ripping off cabinet doors and I had a garbage bag full of "trash" and a box full of donations. I apparently unpacked boxes when we moved in and sorta forgot about them. And in 3 years my taste has changed and my kids have grown.

I came across this not so lovely sign...

I was given this Home Decorators gift a few years ago. I never did dig the fruit basket or the grapes thing. I can't tell you why I held on it for so long, but I'm sure glad I did!

I've been admiring the sweet  vinyl lettering going around pinterest and decided to put something together that would go nicely in my laundryroom. And since my hubby was sweet enough to listen to my "hints" on what I wanted for Mother's Day I'm the proud owner of a Silhouette machine.
 
I've already tried sticking it directly to the wall but being that I'm always moving my furniture around, I gave up on it because by the next month there were going to be blocked by a piece of furniture or not in the right spot. So the next best thing is to stick them on old art pieces.
I wanted something funny yet pretty (hee hee). Because laundry is neither.
Now I need your help. Here's is my sad looking laundryroom...
The "Laundry" letters are going byebye...
I can't decide on a color (my biggest fear), lately I've been seeing a lot of the light blue with the reds and I just love it! So I'm leaning on blue or to should I stay safe with a tan...OR stripes or even a stencil.... 
Please Help!!!
+