Adventures In Garage Saling

This is me:


With the "Yay!" face. Due to a garage sale high.

In the front seat of the car, sits the reason for the yay face:



I wasn't driving my normal old-beat-up-gas-hog SUV, so I had Hubby's small car.

This leaves me with not many options on where to put the things I buy.

Hubby's golf stuff takes up the entire trunk.

And the back seat had these two lovable critters:



Who, by the way, learned their usual lesson of the value of two dollars.

Critter #1 blew his dough on typical 9-year old junk. And then did the usual, "Please mom can I borrow money?" routine.

Critter #2 had a small meltdown when he couldn't afford the gun and the truck.

Dudes, when the money's gone, it's gone. And stubborn German mama doesn't cave.

There is a plus side of driving a small vehicle with clubs in the trunk and critters in the back.

I can't lug home any furniture.

I'm pretty sure I need a life size version of this to run around in:


I can totally see me in a vintage, rusty pick-up.

In girly pink. Or red. Or robin's egg blue. Now that I think about it, any color would do.

Now rewind to when front seat was empty. Here's how it went down.

The first sale I went to was choc full of antiques. Life is good. Yay face!

And then I drove by this house and stopped because of the clues:


Tacky yard ornaments, especially large plastic deer, almost always mean I will find something.


It's usually a good indicator that the inhabitants have stuff from the 60's laying around the house.

Or still on the walls.

And I was correct, as usual. Yay face! You'll see stuff in the shop very soon.

I also love seeing what people try to give away. And I'm not knockin' the free box by any means. In fact, I got an awesome pair of mittens and some cute bud vases in some free boxes today. Always look in the free box. Always.

But I have a li'l hunch it's gonna be tough to give this avocado green, energy hogging, dusty, dirty dryer away:



Sign should say, KICK ME.

And then there was the drunk guy house.

You can't see, but the guy in the garage at the "checkout" was loaded off his a$$.


It was 10:30 a.m.

He tried to talk me into buying some granite slabs.

Or should I say slur.

But I was really eyeing up the old rusty motorcycle he had for sale.

Kidding. I'm not the motorcycle type.

More of an old pink pick-up kind of girl.